The Application Form can either be filled in soft copy form by filling this Google Form
It can be filled in hardcopy form by downloading the application form from the following link
Application Form for Ph.D Admission
Application Fee - An amount of Rs.3,000/- shall be charged as application fees from the candidates applying for
admission (Rs.1500/- in case of SC/ST). The application fee must be paid online to the account of the University.
The application form of the applicant must contain the following:
- i. Proof of online payment of Application fees.
- ii. One set of copies of the below listed documents/soft copy attached in case of Google Form.
- Copy of Certificate and Mark Sheet of 10th Examination.
- Copy of Certificate and Mark Sheet of 12th Examination or its equivalent.
- Copy of the Under Graduate Degree Certificate and Marksheet.
- Copy of Certificate & Marksheet of Master's Degree.
- Proof of CGPA to Percentage conversion (Master's Marksheet) if applicable
- Copy of Certificate & Marksheet of M. Phil. Degree (if applicable)
- Copy of Caste Certificate, issued by competent authority, if applicable.
- Copy of Domicile Certificate, issued by competent authority, in case of M.P. State, if applicable.
- Copy of Certificate for Person with Disability, satisfying the norms of reservation in this category, in
the prescribed format only, issued by competent authority.
- Copy of UGC JRF Certificate (if applicable).
- A 1500-2000 words write up on the area of research the candidate wishes to undertake.
- No Objection Certificate from the employer in case of the application for part-time Ph.D. as
mentioned in the Ph.D. admission notification.
Note: On the cover of application kindly write “Application for Admission to Ph.D. Degree 2023
PROCEDURE FOR ADMISSION
- The University shall conduct a ‘DNLU National Level Entrance Test – DNLET’ for enrolment of candidates to
the Ph.D. programme. However, Junior Research Fellow (JRF) awardee of the University Grants Commission
(UGC) in the relevant subject shall be exempted from the DNLET. A candidate who is only a UGC National
Eligibility Test (NET) qualified in the relevant subject shall not be exempted from the DNLET. A UGC-JRF
candidate shall directly appear for the interview.
- The candidates writing the National Level Entrance Test will be tested for Subject Knowledge and Research
Methodology with equal weightage given to both sections. The syllabus of the Entrance Test shall comprise of:
- (a) 50% in Research Methodology. A total of 35 multiple choice questions will be asked. One question will
carry one mark.
- (b) 50% shall be subject specific. The syllabus of the DNLET will be the syllabus of the UGC NET Syllabus of
the relevant subject. A total of 35 multiple choice questions will be asked. One question will carry one
- The candidates securing 50% or more than 50% marks in the National Level Entrance Test shall be short-listed
and called for an interview. A relaxation of 5% will be granted in cut off marks for candidates belonging to
SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer)/SAP Categories.
- An interview shall be conducted of the shortlisted candidates wherein the candidate’s research interest/area
will be deliberated upon after a presentation made by the candidate on his/her research proposal dwelling on
his/her research interest. The interview shall carry a total of 30 marks. A UGC JRF candidate who is directly
eligible for the interview will be evaluated to determine his/her suitability for admission to the Ph.D. course.
- Through the interview and on the basis of the presentation made by the candidate, following aspects shall be
- (a) Quality of the research proposal;
- (b) whether the candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research;
- (c) whether the research work can be suitably undertaken at the University;
- (d) whether the proposed area of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge.
- On completion of the process of interview, based on the report submitted by the interview panel, the
University will declare the list of successful candidates. The selected candidates shall thereafter complete the